Mistress 9's Hideout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcomers Introduce Yourselves

+5
Stephen Sportsnutd
DaAmron
magus.eldarwen
iorichan
mercuryfan
9 posters

Go down

Newcomers Introduce Yourselves Empty Newcomers Introduce Yourselves

Post by mercuryfan Sun 22 Jun 2014, 19:23

Konnichi-wa minna-san! This topic is for new members in this RPG, and anyone else who feels the other members might not know them, to introduce themselves and be greeted by existing members.
mercuryfan
mercuryfan
Admin

https://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Newcomers Introduce Yourselves Empty Re: Newcomers Introduce Yourselves

Post by mercuryfan Mon 14 Jul 2014, 00:32

I'll start the introductions. My screen name is mercuryfan (I was mercuryfan24 on Yahoo Groups), and my real name is Michael. I will be assisting Jen as much as need be in Moderating this forum.

If you want to know how to submit a new profile (or even revise an existing profile), just PM the new profile (or the changes) to me. When you see me post it up in the Profiles sub-forum, that means it's approved.

Finally, I can miss some things that should be changed (since I'm not perfect). So if you want to complain about anything in this forum, please PM me first (ideally with an explanation of why you want the thing(s) changed). I'll get back to you as soon as I can (usually within 24 hours) with some sort of response.
mercuryfan
mercuryfan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iorichan Mon 14 Jul 2014, 01:05

Ohaiyo!!!! Smile Kumi-chan here! I'm playing Vita/Sailor Belka, the soon-to-be-introduced Sailor Cacophony and the aptly named Sailor Not-appearing-in-this-film! Very Happy

Nice to meet you all and look forward to rping with everyone. Very Happy
iorichan
iorichan

http://sailorcacophony.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by magus.eldarwen Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:21

Hello everyone. I am Magus Eldarwen. I came over from the yahoo group. I play Sailor Mars.
magus.eldarwen
magus.eldarwen

Back to top Go down

Newcomers Introduce Yourselves Empty a wild bear approaches! oh, wait no, thats just Jason...

Post by DaAmron Mon 14 Jul 2014, 18:39

contrary to popular beliefs, i do NOT resemble a wild american brown bear, i do in fact, look more like a shaved wookie. at least in various spots.
My name is Jason, im 40, been role-playing since i was a kid at 7 with boxed set D&D (the pre-elmore art red box that covered levels 1-3 and the light blue Expert box that covered levels 4-14.) my first character was a child-thief who was basically a fusion of Oliver Twist and the Artful Dodger. i moved away from role-playing for a few years, returning to D&D and AD&D at the age of 12, and we pretty much stuck with it since.
I have played several systems, including (but not limited to) D&D (1-3.5 ed), Star Frontiers (Alpha Dawn), Star Wars: The Roleplaying game (the D6 West end Games Version), a fusion of the entire Chaosium line (Call of C'thulu, RuneQuest, Stormbringer and Elf*Quest), a fusion involving most of the Palladium Line (Rifts, Robotech, Macross II, Ninjas and Superspies, TMNT and other Strangeness, Mystic China, Heroes Unlimited and Palladium Fantasy), GURPS, Gaurdians of Order's Tri-Stat system (the original source for Onyx and Henko, untill the campaign ended abruptly), and most of the FUZION system (Bubblegum Crisis, Champions Millenium, DBZ, Mekton, and most importantly: Teenagers from outer space) as well as the semi-mythical Tales of the Floating Vagabond.

I joined the RPG originally in the fall of 2003/2004(?) during a time when i was unemployed and had little more than time on my hands. i began working in a call center in 2004 that lasted untill mid 2005. where i began developign health issues from severe depression. in 2006 my health took a turn for a worse and i began seeing a counselor. i spent two years in therapy, with another two years in recovery. most of my time was spent playing world of warcraft, as it safely channeled a lot of the negative emotions and thoughts i had at the time. i returned to college in fall of 2010, and began working on my degree, which was recently finished winter term of this year. regrettably there are large gaps (wide enough you could drive jack burton's truck through) in my participation. most of the time its because im not getting the posts due to yahoo being shit, but others are due to just how busy a guy with a shitton of freetime can be.

in addition to this campaign i maintain a Savage Species 3.5 D&D campaign (all the players are monster-races, and the one humanoid is scheduled to become one of the undead in an upcoming adventure), a D6 Star Wars Infinities-style campaign called "Another Hope" where the player characters are the sole hope of the rebellion following the failure of Leia, Han, and Luke (one is dead, one is missing, and one has turned to the dark side). as well as a post-aftermath Rifts campaign playing a Free-Born Dog-Boy Cyber-Knight.

i am currently unemployed, but hope to find work in the accounting field, ultimately, i hope to go to work for the IRS (as two of my primary professors are former IRS agents, and both are interested in seeing me join that team). last but not least, i help take care of my parents who are both disabled.

it goes without saying im interested in anime and manga, having been exposed to it (outside of robotech, starblazers, voltron and speed racer) during a time i was homeless in '92, and then by a girlfriend i was briefly seeing in '93. my favorite shows are Wolf And Spice, Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Shoujou Kakumei Utena, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo (with the exception of Tenchi in Tokyo), Macross, and Slayers.
DaAmron
DaAmron

Location : North Portland, about six miles from the Oregon/Washington Border via I-5 in the great Pacific North West

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Sportsnutd Thu 17 Jul 2014, 23:53

hey everyone it's Stephen or sportsnutd from the yahoo group. I hope your all doing well.
Stephen Sportsnutd
Stephen Sportsnutd

Back to top Go down

Post by WhtChocoSnowBuns Mon 21 Jul 2014, 10:55

Since I see everyone has posted an intro, I should too. ^^'

So I'm Jen, originally created the Yahoo! Group. I have been playing Saturn, Neptune, Lilly, and now Sakuya in the RPG. But since I'm juggling a lot of different things from friends, family, work, bf, arts and crafts, life, and now a newly allergic reaction to some unknown force that's driving me crazy to finding out what's wrong with me...I have been posting less. u_u; That's also due to my forgetfulness as well......I'll try and remember more O_O! I might need a kick here and there for a reminder u_u. Yoroshiku!
WhtChocoSnowBuns
WhtChocoSnowBuns

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MochiFantasy

Back to top Go down

Post by mertmidnightangel Sat 26 Jul 2014, 22:57

Konich-wa minna-san! I am MertMidnightAngel, known as Ashleigh or Ash to the people who have seen me RP before. mercuryfan introduced me to this and brought me in and I will be bringing in my OC senshi Sailor Lyra when I get the chance. I have a couple other OCs I may bring in as well, depending on how things go here.
mertmidnightangel
mertmidnightangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sou Sun 27 Jul 2014, 03:04

Hello I'm Sou! If you guys don't like the rhyme I also go by Raijinken, I was also invited by mercuryfan and have played with both him and Stephen on another RP and am bringing my OC Ryuusei here. I look forward to playing with you all!
Sou
Sou

Back to top Go down

Post by mercuryfan Mon 28 Jul 2014, 22:00

Welcome, all of you - both transferees from the Yahoo Group and our couple of new players!

Wow! There was so much info on you there, Jason, that I'm sure was new even to me! And that's saying something, considering that of the two of us who have been here since 2001 when this RPG started, I'm the one with the really good memory  tongue  .
mercuryfan
mercuryfan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WhtChocoSnowBuns Fri 22 Aug 2014, 15:00

You do have a very very very very good memory Maikeru........... <_< I don't know how you do it.... lol.....
WhtChocoSnowBuns
WhtChocoSnowBuns

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MochiFantasy

Back to top Go down

Newcomers Introduce Yourselves Empty Entry of the Spynmaster

Post by Spynmaster Wed 08 Apr 2015, 23:39

*a portal appears and someone comes out in a sommersault, landing in the forum*

Greetings one and all! I'm Spynmaster.(that's Spin with a "y" and master) I've come to offer my imagination and writing abilities to the forum. Kumi-chan told me about this place, though I wish I knew about it back when it was in Yahoo groups. Oh how long ago it was when I RP'd there... *sigh* How far from grace Yahoo groups has fallen... Anyway, I'd love to contribute to the story if I can! Hope to see you all around, both in forums and in IMs. ^_^
Spynmaster
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mercuryfan Sat 11 Apr 2015, 20:20

Oh, I strongly agree with you, Spynmaster, about the quality of Yahoo Groups eroding greatly over the past two or three years. In my mind, it used to be a great service - especcially for the (monetary) price its users had to pay Very Happy . But whoever at Yahoo decided to implement the version called Neo deserves to be shot on sight or something like that Evil or Very Mad . I kept track of the changes and fixes to Neo for a few months after it was rolled out universally. While many of the bugs in it were eventually fixed, and some of the requests for reasonable modifications to Neo were approved and implemented, too many such requests were denied. That's why I have now lost all interest in it, and stopped tracking anything about Neo Groups.

But on to happier, more pleasant topics. After chatting with you on YIM for a while, Spynmaster, I look forward to your contributions to this story that are yet to come (believe it or not Razz ). And don't worry about what you missed on here when it was a Yahoo Group (even though you did miss some really fun times) - the past is past, and we can't change anything about it, so all else I have to say is Welcome to M9H!
mercuryfan
mercuryfan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mertmidnightangel Fri 01 May 2015, 19:26

Holy shit look who showed!! Uh...I think our plans may get derailed mercury LOL
mertmidnightangel
mertmidnightangel

Back to top Go down

Post by mercuryfan Fri 01 May 2015, 21:21

LOL - But seriously, I don't mind, mertmidnight. Go ahead and have fun, you two.
mercuryfan
mercuryfan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mertmidnightangel Sat 02 May 2015, 00:12

So Spyn, ya bringing Vance in?
mertmidnightangel
mertmidnightangel

Back to top Go down